Tuesday, February 7, 2023

The House on the Cerulean Sea | TJ Klune

 

"He couldn't believe it was only Wednesday.  And it was made worse when he realized it was actually Tuesday." (18)



"It's not fair," Linus said, staring off into nothing.  "The way some people can be.  But as long as you remember to be just and kind like I know you are, what those people think won't matter in the long run. Hate is loud, but I think you'll learn it's because it's only a few people shouting, desperate to be heard. You might not ever be able to change their minds, but so long as you remember you're not alone, you will overcome." (275-276).



"The little girl.  She wasn't scared of me.  She was nice.  She didn't care what I looked like.  That means she can make up her own mind.  Maybe that woman will tell her I'm bad.  And maybe she'll believe it.  Or maybe she won't believe it at all.  Arthur told me that in order to change the minds of many, you have to first start with the minds of a few.  She's just one person.  But so is the lady."  (268)



"..you can always judge a person by how they treat animals.  If there is cruelty, then that person should be avoided at all costs.  If there is kindness, I like to think it's the mark of a good soul." (209)



"Change always starts with the smallest of whispers.  Like-minded people building it up to a roar." (115)




Post a Comment